Friday, February 19, 2010

Walking the Fire of Faith

118,557 items / 772,355 views

The three orange turbanned Malangs have covered their dreads about 18 feet or more in length , they dont show their hair in public at all, they only open their hair at the time of Urus at the Dargah of their own order.

These are South Indian Sufii Malangs from Gulbarga Karnataka..

The senior malang and the taller one have been people that have fascinated me completely , but the taller one in the front has metaphorically pushed me in an unknown zone of mystical emotions..zapped my soul and my being strangely I am no more young to be pushed into an arena where fool enter and angels fear to tread.

I am caught in a whirlpool of commotion , and the person in question knows this too..I am a simple man , I move with the flow of my impulses,I cannot be dominated pushed or be controlled I am as wild as the oats I have sown.

I am a beggar , only those who give me alms see the beggar bowl of my life..I dont beg but I get alms , and this has happened to me with the Rafaees or the Malangs and the Naga Sadhus.

My Naga Sadhu Guru a very educated person well read , very informative about Islam took me from home to home and I shared the food that was given to them , and realized the mystifying state of oneness with God through the humility of his existence.

I met the Aghoris flesh eating Sadhus at the Kumbh and also on the banks of the Gomti in Lucknow but first time refused to eat or drink what they offered me I was not allowed to shoot their pictures but the print is embedded on my soul.

I dont know if I will be able to go to the Hardwar Kumbh..its miles away and my Guru waits for me to connect.

I am trying to get the tall Malangs number to find out why he has made me a pawn on a board of spiritual chess..and Malangs are superior beings in the hierarchy of Indian Sufism.

In the picture the Malangs are walking on the incense sticks thrown at their feet....and I shoot all this , I dont pre judge I respect every mans faith or ritual,and 118571 photo blogs at Flickr are a testimony of my soul mortgaged to the reality of my cultural inheritance.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube