Friday, February 19, 2010

Cutting the Tongue at Haji Malang

He was the finest exponent of the art of Rafaees or body piercing, he reminded me of late Handi Sai of the Chand Shah Wali Dargah ,who would cut his tongue in two parts and fork it so to speak..but than Handi Sai died at Kota he was heavily into drugs opium was his poison , but he was a very good man ,he protected me , so that nobody hassled me.

Because of my attire , because I am bare feet a lot of women gave me alms during their sandal procession , this I would hand over to Handi Sai,,this was not part of my earnings but it showed the mindset and the naivete of the innocent dargah induced mind.

I have documented the Rafaees for several yeas mostly at Mahim , Makhdoom Shah Babas Dargah and there are elements that dont take kindly to my photography..

Shooting the Dhamal is a high of a life time , and this is the genre of my photography, mysticism , exorcism and possession..mind over matter or matter over mind whatever you call it.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube