Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunehre Khab Ki Talash Mein

109,208 items / 709,296 views

As I pass through a slum area , I meet kids with dreams in their eyes , with hopes and God alone knows what...their main meeting place is the quintessential Ice Gola Wala ..here they watch the world go by with ice candy stick in their hands.

This is a functional lane for two wheelers one leads towards the Bandra Reclamation, and turning left takes you to Bandra Jain Mandir Road that connects to Bandra Hill Road. Strangely I meet Muslim beggar women on this road too, sitting outside the Jain Temple..

Photography heals the human soul, pictures capture the serene simplicity of life..I dont ask questions , I dont even know their names , I hate pens and never carry one..nor do I have a notebook,,but yes I read their minds their curiosity.

Recently an incident took place on this road that disturbed me quite a bit, and made me reluctantly intervene a Christian woman was beating a Muslim kid and shouting at him , holding him in a hard grip,. the kid was 7 years old, I asked her why she was beating the kid, first she said it is none of your business, I said it was my business , she than informed me that the kids had removed money from the kiosk of Christ..I told her to bring it to the notice of the childs parents or inform the cops.

But the little boy told me it was another boy and crying he was willing to take her to that boys house, but the lady had taken away all his money too..and the weals of her slaps had turned his face red..

Anyway I removed the kids hands from the ladys grip , the moment she said they had thrown mud on Jesus's statue..I know the little Muslim kids or the Hindu kids and no one would do such a thing..they do not have that venom as yet..

On seeing the crowd on my side she made a hasty retreat..she took the child's money away too..and I decided to move towards my work place.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube