Friday, November 9, 2007

Parting is Sweet Sorrow


Parting is Sweet Sorrow
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

Mrs Rupa Gupta was the daughter of late legendary comedian Mr Asit Sen.
We met through Xerxes , we became friends, but Rupaji was a human friend , a stalwart who was there to help the needy , ironically she was bed ridden with cancer and indomitably fought this disease..I cried a lot at her feet where she lay before she was cremated, I shot pictures , in the blazing sun, there was a mammoth crowd to see her off on her last journey.
Her husband her daughters, her brothers her relatives , friends , well wishers were there all in tears , paying tribute to a larger than life feeling person..as I write this , a part of her touches me , it is this desk that she gave me when I started on my own this shop Bollywoods Most Wanted Designer No1.
On this desk are my comp rest of my stuff.. so much and so more..
For me Rupa Gupta was a Mother Goddess , though I called her Rupaji ot Bhabiji..

8th March 2007

Tears flowing
endlessly
tomorrow
nostalgia
like dry flowers
bound in a book
that you once
did borrow
happpiness comes and goes
but what gives us strength
god and godliness
protective petals
words pressed
in sacramental sorrow

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube