Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Camera is Nothing


My Camera is Nothing
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

My camera is Nothing
Only a box.
It can do Nothing.
It needs me to take pictures.
I shut my eyes prior to taking a shot.
I shoot on one leg.
I am in hancuffs when I shoot pictures..my bracelets my rings.
But I am not a magician I dont let Nikon take any thing away from me.
People shoot pictures I shoot pain..
An object in pain shot by a subject in pain.
both beyond pain.
I can smash my camera on the street and still shoot pain.
The pain of the wounded and writhing camera..
my soul that is is a camera too.. all filters. lenses , flash, attached.. pictures take the shape of poems..
I am hunter and also the haunted.
And this was Gods gift .
This picture.
This flash in the pan.
Thank you God.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube