Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Love on the Net Russian Roulette

After two direct hits
one in the head
the other to the heart
i decided never to
fall in love on the net
words i repeated
on my worry beads
lest i forget
lest i forget
slipped
on a banana peal
of my poem
before i could
say holy mother
of god i was
miserably in love
once again on the net

this time
not a blog goddess
nor an Alaskan fern
may the rest of me burn..
love means
never saying sorry
a thought
to unlearn
goods unsold
cannot be returned
hell, hath no fury
like a hijda spurned
aphorisms
that got my ass burnt
what was uncovered
also sunburnt
case adjourned
pouted lips
silver chromed
camera
upturned

well I have fallen
in love on the net
a new experience
no commitments
no demands
right from the outset
you take what you get
faceless
limbless
fleeting caress
falling in love
cybernetic freedom
new thoughts to inject
like a talking dolpin
caught in her net
the same wretched old heart
on the block to sublet
idon’t even know if
she is a blonde or brunette
no she is not Jeanette
Annette or Suezette
no trembling door
nor window sill
a poetic
injurious thought
to fuck or forget
me and my soul
American sunset
a bridled beauty
a costly asset
burning away
on her hearts diskette
she and me
similar feelings beget
falling on the net
i hope this time is not a
Russian Roulette.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube