Monday, September 3, 2007

The Awakening


The Awakening
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1
Racism is an ism to which everyone in the world today is exposed; for or against, we must take sides. And the history of the future will differ according to the decision which we make.

(Ruth Benedict (1887-1948) , U.S. anthropologist. Race: Science and Politics, ch.1 (1940) .)

Evil comes to all us men of imagination wearing as its mask all the virtues.

William Butler Yeats

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats (1865 - 1939)



I have decided as of today
The world of pretentious poets
And racist poetry to ignore
Write as much graffiti on my door
Its locked like my mind
Far away from this hate filled shore
Only good friends
good poetry
to explore
I distance myself
From juvenile banter
Cowardice within a forum
A convenience store
I will say no more
I don’t need to hog limelight
Or make a claim
Or fight someone’s battle
That I am not responsible for
Carry on not washing linen in public
But some more gratifying domestic chore

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube