Sunday, September 6, 2015

Happy Janmashtami And Remembering Prof BW Jatkar

Every morning I would get two calls one from Mr KG Maheshwari and the other from Prof BW Jatkar both no more part of this crazy world .. they talked photography ,, and now both their phones have gone dead forever .
On Gokul Ashtami day Prof BW Jatkar would call me home , give me breakfast made by his wife than we both took a cab to Tilak Bridge ,, I had to bring a guy from my shop to carry Mr Jatkars camera bag , and he would wear one of his Peak Caps most of the Caps I gave him as I had a large collection to be used in films ,,
We headed to Ranade Road near Ideal shot the ladies Govindas , and Prof Jatkat took me to a house facing the Govinda ,, almost everyone knew this doyen of Photography at Dadar and a Pucca Marathi Manoos ,,he had many disciples students but we had a cosmic relationship I was his staunch supporter he was a kindered soul and a great teacher , he taught me to shoot seagulls , he taught me a lot taking me to various color labs , he introduced me to Mahindar Patil ,, he liked my BW that were hand printed by Satyendra Dalvi,, he introduced me to Swastik Color Lab Bhai Hune ,I met a lot of photographers from FIP AIIPC due to him he made me a life member of both the Institutions spoke about me to Mr Benu Sen ,, through him I met Bhupesh C Little and through Bhupesh I met his dad the dynamic PC Little , I met Anil Risal Singh and than he made me contribute my BW prints to the various Salons , so all three of us Kg Maheshwariji Jatkar Sab and me talked Salon till I opted out being hit by a viral bug called the Blog,. The Blog pulled me out of a bottle of camera crabs and I distanced myself from the Print World and The Salon.
But as long as he lived Prof BW Jatkar was my mentor my guide , I understood his inner pain , and it was humongous , this multi talented man.. without him and Maheshwariji I would have not touched the soul of photographic humility ,, and lest I forget the person who introduced me to my club PSI and to all these veterans doyens was my other guru Shreekant Malushte
Mr Malushte too took me to Dadar Shivaji Park to shoot the various Dahi Handis ,,and than in 2008 I accidentally landed with the Talwadi Govinda Mandal and shot the world record braking 9 tier Dahi Handi of Mr Pratap Sarnaik and met the dashing dynamic Purvesh Pratap Sarnaik a youth icon and as humble go getter like his dad ,, we became great friends he introduced me to Shree Aditya Thackeray sab.. one of the greatest young politicians and a lover of art and photography ,Purvesh came home to meet Marziya who was a about 2 and shot him and his friends ..Purvesh was kind enough to come to my sons wedding ,, thank you Rockstar ,,
So Gokul Ashtami has some great memories .. memories that come back in full force ,,now with the injury to my leg it is tough going to Thane but Purvesh never forgets to invite me and his friend Govinda Shridhar Naik who takes care of me ..
Pratap Sarnaik Sab would proudly introduce me to the crowd praising me as a Muslim Man who promotes Hindutva as a Message of Universal Peace Thank you Pratap Sir Bhabiji and Vihang.. for your love to this beggar poet from Bandra ,,
Jathaha Kamsavadarthaya Bhoobharotharanayacha|
Kouravanam Vinashaya Dhaityanam Nidhanaya Cha ||
Pandavanam Hitharthaya Dharamasamsthapanaya Cha|
GruhanaArghyam Maya Dhatham Devakya Sahitho Hare ||

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube