Sunday, September 6, 2015

The End of My Nasikh Kumbh Mela Trimbakeshwar 2015 Trip



In a short while I will upload the pictures of my short trip of a few hours at Ramkundh and it was nostalgic for I began shooting the first Kumbh of my life at Panchvati and I am still connected with a photo journalist Neerah Bhanje from Aurangabad  till date ,, He guarded my camera bag while I dozed off at the banks of the Godavari we shot the Shahi Snan together 12 years back and we have never met after that simply connected on phone and Facebook.

I dont know if the Kumbh touches anyone as insanely as it has touched the poetry of my effervescent soul..but after 12 years I realized that Ramkund Tapovan dont have that mysterious hold on me like Trimbakeshwar simply because if I was born a Hindu I am dead certain I would have been a Shiva Bhakt ,,there was no escaping that cosmic circle of my far fetched dreams as a poet as a mystic.

My first call from Trimbakeshwar the moment I reached there was to Mrs Punam Sinha a staunch Shiva Bhakt she has been to all the 12 Jyotilings and I call her Devi I am connected to Mr Shatrughan Sinhas family since early 80s ,, and another powerful Shiva bhakt is one of my ex bosses now estranged ..

So back to Ramkund and Tapovan.. I took a auto from Ramkund to Tapovan I met the adventurous bubbly high spirited travel blogger Rutavi Mehta my Facebook Twitter friend she was shocked to see me dressed as a Sadhu barefeet ,,and it was the first time I missed my beggars bowl that I ate food in and begged with the Naga Sadhus I had given to a bigger crippled beggar than me .

I met two photographers young lads from Thane we shot together till I lost them in the crowds when I took a dip in the Tapovan...

I shot the Sadhu on a platform.. he does not touch the ground ,, he will come down when his penance gets over this Diwali ,,

But as it was getting late I took a bus from Nasikh Bus depot back to my beloved Trimbakeshwar..

I shot this series on my Canon 7 D that lies idle I find it too bulky with the vertical grip but it helps my damaged right hand ..

And after this series gets over I have my backlog of Kurla street pictures that I kept on hold when I left to shoot the Nasikh Kumbh Mela .

After I returned from the Kumbh I shot the Novena of Our Lady of Velankani at Bandra Bazar Road ..



I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube