Sunday, September 6, 2015

Without Him I Could Have Not Shot The Kumbh





Perhaps I would have shot it like any other photographer , but my Naga Guru let me re live the Kumbh made me feel experience the Kumbh like a Hindu ,,and I am proud of my cultural inheritance it gives strength my to my own religious beliefs and spirituality ,respecting my countryman's religion and promoting it as a message of peace .. for all.

I would never shoot anything that hurt the sensibilities of a religion I shot or the purpose my photography would have been doomed,, I shot the world of the Naga Sadhus I tried to merge my inner angst with those who surrounded me , gave me shelter , food to eat and took care of me ,,if I wanted black tea I was given without hesitation , one of the deaf mute disciple of my Guru cleaned my leg wound and massaged my tired legs ,,they went out of their way to serve me , they touched my feet with reverence and I would tell them to only touch the Gurus feet and at my Gurus perfumed garden there were simple guys and well read Acharyas Holy people that would come to see him , engineers politicians ,he never asked for money ,, once I remember a very big philanthropist my Gurus disciple gave my Guru a blank cheque during the 2003 Nasikh Kumbh.. my Guru politely refused but the philanthropist would not budge , he said give a figure , finally my guru took money for a sack of sugar as tea was served constantly as guests arrived ,

So I met this simple teacher now a Naga Sadhu by chance in 2003 and we never meet unless I have some work at Film City I would drop in at his Ashram.. and he would like it chat with me ,,blessing me ..and than I wonder the world the media the politicians that uses Hindus the Muslims as a punching bag..for their own evil agenda ,,,and there were many in my own community that mistook me some called me a Hindu Shia derogatorily and I felt proud of my Hindu culture and my birth as a Shia Muslim..

My Guru is a man who taught me nothing about religion ,. I hardly know anything about Hindu scriptures but he taught me to be attached to the soil that made me , he taught me to be human and I document his faith his religiosity as passionately as my own..

.Guroraadi Anaadischa
Guruh Parama Daivatam
Guroh Parataram Naasti
Tasmai Sri Gurave Namaha.

Meaning: The Guru Has Neither Beginning Nor End; The Guru Is The Ultimate God (In The Visible Form). There Is Nothing Beyond This Guru Principle, And I Salute Such A Guru.


.Na Guror Adhikam Tatwam
Na Guror Adhikam Tapaha
Tatwa Gnyaanaat Param Naasti
Tasmai Sri Gurave Namaha.

Meaning: There No Greater Principle Than The Guru; There Is No Greater Penance Than The Guru; There Is No Greater Knowledge Than Meditation On Such A Guru. I Salute Such A Guru.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube