Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rashid Hijra Bawa of Haji Malang


Rashid Bawa is a transgender , a classical dance teacher who has taught the top old heroines of yesteryear ...he is a very beautiful humanbeing , well known among the hijras and one of the seniors but some hijra groups destest him because he refuses to dress up as a woman , he is more masculine in his attire than them.

Rashid Bawa and I have been good friends because we are both close to the Rafaee culture , Rashid Bawa is an exorcist too he sells gemstones and nobody wears gems like him...

I have shot over 20000 hijra images and among these images is a segment on the hIjra bawas and the Sada Suhagins brides of Musa .. or Musa Suhagin they are not transgender , but dress up as women but are nor cross dressers , they have beards are men but adorn themselves as women.

The hijra bawas are very close to the Malangs and ever since I became a Malang I met a lot of them who come to pay obeisance to my Peer Baba Masoumi.

Shooting Rashid Bawa is learning photography his movements all dance like are ver fast and I have shot him extensively all over the Dargah circuit.

My best hijra documentary was shot in 2012 that I have kept hidden from public view I dont intend ever making them public... as a documentarist I shot the angst of the hijras and as these pictures were being stolen misused I decided to shut the doors to this set at Flickr.com.

I have shot hijra children, hermaphrodites all as a study in genetic disorder and the apathy neglect of this community by society.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube