Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hassan Ganda Rafaee and Me

106,662 items / 691,485 views

One thing is for sure had Hassan Ganda Rafaee not invited me here to Maulah Ai Dargah at Dharavi , I would have never made it here on my own.

Several years back I shot a procession here when Handi Sai was alive a few guys remembered me, actually if you come from Sion station its in a lane close to the leather shops of Dharavi. Everybody knows it so you wont get lost, the people of this area are kind and hospitable there is a Chila of Ghaus Pak close to the Dargah very crowded on Thursdays..

I liked this place for its simplicity and the friendliness of the residents and members of the Dargah Committee , one of the guys presented me a pearl necklace I wanted to refuse but was obliged to take.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube