Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Documenting The Chancawalli Rafaees ...


I followed them barefeet from one Dargah to another , from Makhdhoom Shah Baba Urus to Fakhruddin Shah Baba Urus and this got over to Ismail Shah Baba Urus Parel, than to Gaiban Shah Baba Andheri and they were the one who introduced me to Haji Malang Baba .

I followed them to Ajmer Khwaja Garib Nawaz the Greatest Sufi Saint , I was pulled to Nizamuddin Shah Babas Dargah .. and all to document the Rafaee lifestyle.

But I was not spiritually or mentally inclined to the Rafaees Handi Sai now dead and buried at Kota .. came to my shop wanted me to get initiated as a Rafaee but I politely refused .. I was not into body piercings as I do the actual thing in memory of Imam Hussa every year ..bleed real cut real.

But as I am updating this post now , two years back I became a Dam Madar Malang...seamlessly .. and I still meet the Rafaees but now they call me Malang..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube