Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Faruq Baba and Me

I knew Faruq Baba from Mahim and he was a constant visitor there at the Dhuni, but he had warned me not take his pictures , this was many years back.

I met him at Kurla Sunni cemetery , I had come to a burial of a friends mother , and my hand was hurting because of a sword cut during Moharam, Faruq Baba called me , he is a mind reader ,, he took my hand applied monitors oil that we Indians call Sand ka Tel..

We became friends and he is a historian on dargahs in Mumbai, I did not carry my camera , but than he gave up all reservations and whenever I meet him he will request me to take his picture..

This was on 10 December my birthday I am barefeet , we hitched a ride on a tempo and came to Mahim dargah..

He carries a snake stick that he gives milk each morning.. he is a scary guy no doubt , he does hardcore exorcisms too..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube