Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Pheriwalas of Bandra


Best time to shoot them is when they are returning with all the goods moving from Bandra west towards Kalanagar bus stand on their way to Dharavi godowns of rich Bhaiyya Miya scrap dealers ..but you will never know they are rich , they wea the same sweaty gunji and torn fade chequered lungi.. all the money has gone back to Pratapgad in Uttar Pradesh..

But this lot the hathgadiwalas really work hard and strike a hard bargain almost all these denizens of recycling know me once I was a regulat all the flea markets where some bought ther stuff to sell..
I gave up Chor Bazar and the Kamatipura Flea Market forever..

I will talk on this more later I am racing against time I type with one fragmented genius of a finger ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube