Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Bandra Blogs


I live in Bandra ,,
Much before I held the camera in my hand I knew the world I lived in , I had seen it with my camera like eye , retained it on the viewfinder of my cosmic soul..

And I was lucky having worked for Bollywood I knew the importance of the camera and a short stint at Mudra got me in touch with eminent photographers coming from a tailoring fashion backgound I knew nothing about photography,but I tagged along with the art director Mr Gurav and thus got a chance to see great artists at work..the number one master of light Pablo Bartholomew , he allowed me to carry his camera bag his lights and I puppy like followed him to Subodh Manektala but those days I was not at all impressed with photography only the photographer , Pablo visited my house met my wife my son Asif , he shot a bit for a campaign called Scanned Memories ..

Than I met Suresh Cordo Suresh Sheth with Suresh Sheth I went to Agra for Vimal Suiting campaign of Kabir Bedi all clothes styled by me ,.

I met Chippy Nadish Narojee I knew his mom from Burlingtons where I worked in the 70s Jeannie Naorojee was a legend I worked with Mr Callaghan on the QE2 Fashion shows so in one way or other photography germs had invaded my subconsciousness .

It was to get rid of my alcoholism the mind doctor more fuckedin the head than me asked me to take up something more intoxicating than booze I took up photography ..the rest is history 3 gurus Mr Malushte Prof BW Jatkar and Dronocharya Mr KG Maheshwari.. Mr Anil Bhartiya and others who helped me on the way Bhupesh ,Vinay Paralkar..Anil Risal Singh to name a few ..

And today I use my camera to capture humanity ,, my photography is simplifying the essence of the common man and a common factor survival of the unfittest , yes I shoot beggars , my blogs made me a poet too,,,

And I reiterate I am not a photogaphe per se .. only a blogger street photographer

Both my grand daughters one year and 4 are unconsciously bloggers too knowing the use of the camera too ...as one uses a spoon to mouthfeed .. the body and the soul..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube