Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Bhaiyyas of Mumbai

Of late I have been documenting the street angst of the North Indian migrant in Amchi Mumbai, I shot him earlier too , but now it is more purposeful, more focused to show you the contribution of this diaspora to Amchi Mumbai,,they are the cogs of a running machinery, inventive hardworking and public friendly,, they are slavish if you find them as patiwalas or hath gadiwalas ..and they are honest,..they are definitely not lazy or laidback and most of them hardly use mustard oil on their heads ..

I have not yet created a set but in all humility I think I hve shot them the most as dhobis , barbers ,presswallahs fruitwallahs, bhaji wallash, fishsellers ,radibuyers, and the list is long of their acquired knowledge of services to society.. rickshawallah cabbies ,telephone internet technicians once yadav the mtnl linesman.. the farmer growing palk soya methi on the tracks , the oil crushers of pydhonie ..the masseurs at the imamwada irani hamam.. the watchman of my building your building too, only this latter lot can be sinfully rude dumb and arrogant , they become the people who are as rude as them ...living in the uncooperative housing society.. I will write more on this later ..got to complete the Ganesha pandal set and get back to GSB Seva Mandal Visarjan kept in abeyance

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube