Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Dhobis Of Bandra

Once upon a time .. there was no Bandra reclamation and the entire area till the horizon at the other end was a dhobi ghat and further ahead was the old Bandra abattoir, than came the builders riding on the backs of politicians and everything changed .

Bhaiyyas who gave up their workplace got piddlish rooms in crampy hastly made structures , some did not give in , so they are now found in the slums ,..Bandrra Bazar and Sherly Rajan off Carter road still have dhobis ,I have shot them extensively as a time pass , street photographer , I shoot fo myself.. I shoot to satisy my baser senses that are aesthetic too.. my grandchildren shoot like me .. dont blame me simply because we use the same camera that gives the same pictures we refuse to call it vision , you see our pictures and it is your vision at work.. if we had vision we would be making more money the last words of my wife shaking the imaginary rolling pin on a not so imaginary beggar poets head.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube