Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Spirit of Ramzan At My House Adds To The Essence of Humility




238,668 items / 2,005,252 views

Not in the frame is Nerjis Asif Shakir creating a scene she wants to come on my lap as all these days she was part of my fast  both sairi and Iftar.

This morning too my 7 Sairi she woke up and was with me most of the time..I did not shoot any pictures gave my camera a day off.. as such.

No photography lessons either ,, but Nerjis is a very fast learner and last evening I had taken both Nerjis and Marziya  to the market, first to the bakery to buy brown bread rolls and later a lot of green salad ..

Last nights dinner was chicken fried rice made at home.. we have a nice Muslim lady cook who does a great job most of the Iftar stuff are made by her and both my daughter in laws.

The Iftar at out home is simple home fare much better than what you get at the caterers , and delicious to say the least.

Supplemented by fruit slices .. the grilled egg  sandwiches , the bhajiyas in Simla mirchi and green chillies , boiled chana dry masala , ragda all from the home kitchen.

Home made patties and this enough for the entire family , both my sons their wives , my wife and I are fasting.. Marziya eats the least , Nerjis Zaira get nibbles , they mess the entire floor table.

One person I miss for Iftar is my daughter , she adds zest to our home but she hardly comes , my grand daughter Zaira loves her the most..

We send food to the poor and  whatever remains our house maid takes it all.

This mornings Sairi my 7 Fast was chicken salami in brown bread just one piece .. I avoided the falooda and black tea  begins  the fast.. I drink water but not much.

My brother Firdaus freaks out and warns me that I am a diabetic and should not keep the fast but I have been fasting for several years now without a break..

I have not gone to the food lanes of JJ Colony or Minara Masjid shall do it one of these days..

I avoid Iftar political parties completely ..and prefer Iftar at home with my family ..I could not imagine leaving my grand kids and breaking fast in a friends house no way..

And this is Ramzan that signifies peace at home , quietude hope and harmony.








I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube