Monday, April 23, 2012

Doing Kaif With The Siddis 2009

I had given my camera to a guy from the area and he was kind enough to shoot a few frames..

The beats of the drums of the siddis can hypnotize the human soul made of clay,. they keep chanting gor gor bawa gor..


I have shot a lot of possession pictures yesterday and today, and it is a sad state of affair for the women possessed..I shot the effect of the loban smoke on these poor creatures and how the smoke bought them solace..

The women possessed will ea up the coals in the loban stand, and the colloquial saying is they have a bala on their heads, evil spirit..as photography of the women is not encouraged I manage to add their pain in my frame by using wide..

I went through the same motion of moving my head non stop at Fakhruddin Shah Babas Shrine , and collapsed on the floor.. again the drums led me on constantly //

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube