Monday, April 23, 2012

Dam Madar Malang And The Buddhist Monks at Chaitya Bhoomi


I had come here barefeet as the Shivaji Park crematorium is next to the famous Buddhist site and memorial of our beloved father of the Constitution Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar.

These Buddhist monks are from Kerala and were surprised that though I told them I was a Muslim I carried my Jesus stick.. and I carried my camera being an incorrigible street photographer..I try to capture the poetry of life they invariably end up as pictures ..

After a very long time I wore my black Djellaba and a bit of my jewelry , I am overtly over dressed but I was low key as I was here to attend a funeral of a friend.

I speak a wee bit of Malyali so they felt at home with me.. and one of their friends shot this picture for posterity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube