Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Beggar Hijras of India

The beggar hijras wander all over Bandra begging from shop to shop, and they beg in groups or pairs , hardly ever alone , and invariably they drink at the local hooch joint not far from where she is sleeping..

Later her companion also drunk but not heavily sozzled came to fetch, I shot her too , the hijras I shoot hardly bother about my shooting them , mostly they demand money I give them without hesitation..some I flatly refuse if they get intimidating but I can handle intimidation I am not afraid of the consequences ..

I know some of the prettiest wittiest hijras but personally as a street photographer I prefer shooting these wild orchids the beggar hijras that I meet on the streets.

I dont follow hijras as a rule but they Googleplus me to their Circles of Confusion and Chaos.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube