Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Season of Goats Bakra Idd

All over Bandra kids are moving about with their prize possession , goats for the slaughter for Bakra Idd , those who are vane , showoffs will buy the most expensive goats , the dumbas even camels , but very few think of using part of the money to buy a goat for the poor or give the money saved to a widows or orphanage .. Its all about big bucks , sad to say..

Deonar is the Mumbai goat market but local markets too have come up , I stopped going to Deonar it is too far , and some butchers dont like photography,I shoot close to home near JJ Colony from where on the day of Idd itself early in the morning we will buy a goat have it cut at Ebu bhai's butcher shop.. there is an arrangement in the compound of our building but we avoid it .. far too messy..

I will miss Marziya Shakir my grand daughter she is out of Mumbai she loves shooting the goats being slaughtered I prefer shooting the bulls being slaughtered..

The bull is slaughtered as many pool in in and share the sacrifice and the meat too..

I will shoot the Idd Namaz and than the slaughtering in my area..

This Bakra Idd will be the first one of my other granddaughter Nerjis Asif Shakir and the latest entrant Zaira Saif Shakir..my youngest sons daughter.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube