Thursday, November 3, 2011

Haroons Dumba Goat Chinckpokli Road Bandra



Haroon is late Abdul Ghani butchers son, and sells bakras or goats on Chinchpokli Lane Bandra near Gonsalves Wadi, Haroon leaves his auto driving job to help his mother in the goat selling business during Bakra Idd.

This is his white dumba goat that has been offered Rs 50000 but Haroon is waiting for a better offer and whatever the hype generated by the latest imported Chinese goats at Deonar the Dumba is the best choice for Kurbani if you have the money and the inclination.

Years back I would go and shoot the Goat mela at the Deonar Slaughter house with Haroon but I lost interest completely I prefer shooting close to home and my dislocated wrist because of the lep has erupted with diabetic ulcers , so I avoid crowds I shot these pictures in morning while going to my work space.


Update

3 Nov 2011
This year Haroon was complaining the goat market has shot up as there is scarcity of goats , so he has not bought much stock , his favorite is the Jamunapuri goat I shot today he was selling it for Rs 15000.. huge guy with a rolling tongue.. and highly robust too..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube