Sunday, May 15, 2011

Photos of Dr Glenn Losack MD

185,034 items / 1,462,191 views

Posted as Facebook Note

www.flickr.com/photos/firozeshakir/sets/72157601806834059...



Meeting Dr Glenn Losack MD is about Fate and how it brings two like minded people within the periphery of long drawn subject of pain.. we both shoot pain , but he shoots it more convincingly impressively than I do.. he has been a photographer much longer than me and has traveled extensively to shoot pain.



Dr Glenn connected with me through the Internet and came down to meet me from Manhattan New York..he wanted to shoot Moharam in Mumbai and we became close almost family , my wife kids all took a liking to this Man who was rekindling the flame of Ghame Hussain with his pictures in the West.



Glenn shot the Kurla juloos 2008 and the Mumbai Chehlum too.



He climbed the Malangad , the first American to shoot the Holy Shrine and the Hijras along with me.



He was not a great fan of Flickr those early days but allowed me to showcase his pictures at my Flickr photostream, it was a great honor for me , it has garnered over 3000 views from 656 images.



I wrote poems on most of his pictures as I was able to understand the metaphor of his shots and the essence of street pain..



We are very close perhaps he is my only friend , my mentor and Guru of my 3 year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir who shoots with a Nikon D 80 which Glenn gifted to her as a Hanukkah present..



Glenn is an American Jew I am a Indian born Shia.. hardly matter he is lyricist I am a poet of sorts..



About Dr Glenn Losack MD



www.glennlosackmd.com/-/glennlosackmd/default.asp?success=1



A physician, psychiatrist, musician/composer, world traveler, seasoned/award winning photographer, international medical lecturer, charity worker, cynical, sardonic, wry, usually pessimistic and a great lover of Indian food, Guinness and the Beatles. After 15 years on the couch & headed for his second couch he is still nonplussed about this absurd,preposterous,cockamamie life we all lead. Home base is in the East Village of Manhatten ( where else?), when he is stateside.







Realizing life is short & getting shorter, wanting more than "just being a doctor" making money and living in a fish bowl, like his colleagues, Dr. Losack semi-retired from his medical practice at the ripe old age of forty to pursue his true passions: Circling the globe many times east and westward,living a good part of the year in the third world, and doing things his colleagues say they 'will do' but never do.

He considers himself lucky to have travelled in over 50 nations but is honored & humbled to have had the experience of photographing India and other third world nations thousands of years old.



Now he has his own Flickr presence



www.flickr.com/photos/glosackmd/

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube