Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Guru A Great Man Shreekanth Malushte

182,764 items / 1,444,322 views

Shreekanth Malushte is a piece of machinery created by God for the service of humanity .

It was Mr Malushte who I met one day a decade back who took me under his wings to teach me the basics of photography..and it was a week long course , he taught me theory and practical and he was very fond of me I was different crazy and poetic..I shot differently..

Mr Malushte took me along with another dear friend Umesh Salgaonkar to a Warli village and I knew nothing I just clicked pictures random;y, he took me everywhere I went with him to Konkan , Ratnagiri Ganputipule and fell in love with my home state Maharashtra ..

I am not a landscape lover but it was a good break.

I saw Lalbagh Chya Raja the Ganpati workshops , the bullock cart races thanks to Mr Malushte , he became family through him I graduated to my next Guru the inimitable Dali like Mr BW Jatkatr I joined PSI Of Mumbai , Photographic Society of India my camera club..and from Mr BW Jatkar I met yet another Guru who did not teach me photography but made me a photo poet Droncharya Mr KG Maheshwari..

But good things in life dont last long , the man who showed me color labs , Mazda Color Art Swatik Mr BW Jatkar passed away leaving behind a great void in my life he put me towards Salon Photography I joined IIPC and Mr Benu Sens Photography Federation ..

But once I bought the digital camera , and got seduced by the Internet life changed I completely moved away from the analogue word and became a accidental blogger which honestly was seen in a very bad light by camera club photographers that they have joined the band wagon of blogs is once bitten shy kind of thing..for them prints means photography for us imprinting thoughts on human souls as blogs is photography.

I became a blogger , my world changed I exhibited my pictures on the net, my only daughter Samiya learnt photography from Mr Malushte , and though my three year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir the worlds youngest street photographer did not learn photography from Mr Malushte she was blessed by him..


My grand daughter Marziya Shakirs Guru is Dr Glenn Losack MD from New York Manhattan , and he gave her the Nikon D 80 when she was two years old.. she uses her camera I use mine.

Marziya is a craftsman a one take sure shot photographer she is a child born of the camera , she is on Facebook Flickr has her own Twitter handle an Indi blogger and her pictures are on sale at Red Bubble.

So Mr Malushte has been the source of the running stream of photography at home , my wife my sons too shoot pictures and the bench mark of perfection is Marziya Shakir.. street photographer.

Marziya has met and shot some of the world best photographers that visited our house and besides her god father Dr Glenn Losack her favorite all time photographer and Guru is Marc De Clercq they have an amazing chemistry they get on well and Marziya is most comfortable with Marc.

The other photographer she liked who pampered her no less was El Gekko Jean Paul Gargantiel from Reunion.


Another person a great personality from Ann Arbor who loved Marziya was Jeff Lamb he passed away recently and his photo stream at Flickr is kept alive by his beautiful wife Leyla Lau Lamb

So these are stray thoughts of a blogger and they center around a great humble human being Mr Shreekanth Malushte..the soul of the spirit of my photographic adventures..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube