Saturday, April 16, 2011

Marziya Shakir Worlds Youngest Street Photographer

180,585 items / 1,420,753 views

You dont need a camera to shoot pictures the body is a camera storing memories moments burning it on the disc of the mind..and they live on forever they dont go, embedded deep in the psyche..

I carried Marziya on my waist she was my first grand child my second chance it was like carrying my own dear daughter Samiya on my waist , and unfortunately I had no time for Samiya or my boys as I had sold my Shia soul to the devil in a booze bottle , there was no escape all memories of that part of my life fills me with immense pain of the pain I might have caused my family my friends luckily I have no relatives..


And I dont want to walk down memory lane as a cripple , sometimes I close my eyes try to imagine myself without hands without legs just a log lying on the streets like Appu..try imagining it even though you may not be a poet , you will understand my pain my guilt the journey of life of my afflicted soul..

So Appu and I have always got along he is a beggar to everyone save me, the first time I met Appu was many years back and it was at Chor Bazar , I was a regular Friday Flea market visitor and he sat next to Mutton Street corner close to the Bohra mosque.

I began taking his pictures a huge crowd collected , this is Mumbai they just appear disappear in a flash..
Appus relative handler was upset she came out from the shadows began verbally abusing me that I would take his pictures selling it to the foreign newspapers I had not begun my journey on the internet.. I was a fucked camera club salon participating photographer my photography world was a world with blinkers.

I was deeply hurt at the accusations and ta Appu saw a tear drop from my eye and we became one in a single moment and I will digress I walked from Thane to Mulund during the cloud burst when Mumbai was flooded and when I reached Chunnabhatti I was carrying the weight of an old man with me , and I was praying for Appu .. the waters were over 15 feet at some places that was a night I never forgot I walked from Sion home barefeet we stayed near Mehboob studios .. and when I reached home the lines all jammed I waited on the streets for Asif Shakir my eldest son he walked from Mira Road to Bandra .. and when I hugged him I knew that at times Fatherhood can be greater than Motherhood.

And Appu stayed in the same inundated area, I never asked him how he saved himself till date I have never asked him how he became a limbless human being.. just could not ever ask this question , the same way I never asked a Hijra why from a man he became woman.,.
Some questions have silence as answers

This was a blank post I had accidentally disabled it from public view and I am adding fuel to fire..

And this where Marziya came of age and the youngest street photographer in the world began her tyst with photography shooting pictures without a camera..

Fuck who says the camera takes pictures .. for once you are stumped .. no pun intended ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube