Monday, February 21, 2011

Preeti Hijra From Najafgarh


170,465 items / 1,330,102 views

Preeti originally hails from Kolkatta and belongs to the hijra gharana of Gopa Haji Najafgarh Delhi.

We first met at Ajmer last year and Preeti has done her Masters in Sociology.. and is in the forefront of Hijra welfare and Hijra human rights.

She loves to dress well, grooms herself and can talk her way through your heart.

Their sandal touted as the best was last night paying tribute to the Holy Saint Sultan Shah Baba close associate and earliest companion of Haji Malang Baba.

I skipped this memorable event due to personal reasons and as a photographer I was happy with all that I had shot, I am not at all greedy for pictures they come my way anyway, without effort or struggle.

I was destined to shoot hijras so I shoot hijras and show you their humanity through my images.

I dont sell distribute my pictures ..though from Flickr I cross blog these pictures only a few of them to my other sites Twitter and my Hijda Eunuch Blogs at Wordpress.

I wont ever shame the hijra ethos trying to publish a Coffee Table book, the hijra humanity I shoot would hardly fit in it.. the hijras is a passion only as a subject I shoot as a photographer, nothing more nothing less.

My hijra travelogue is for a better future , more human future for the Hijra community.

I shoot pretty hijras including the ugly ones too, but beneath the flesh of the hijra lies the hope and an unfulfilled desire of Man..

Man who created the hijra from his feminine side and his androgynous angst.

I have the Hijda Vardan.. in a bloggers beggar bowl God above gives me opportunities of showcasing the positivity of hijras.

If you read me wrong it is your fault and the narrow mindedness of your back ground.I piity you nevertheless.

My hijra pictures are not to titillate but to enlighten the dark corners of your mind..

That I am a Shia and a Muslim has nothing to do with my passion for shooting the hijras, my religiosity is my personal prerogative no one can dictate to me what to shoot what not to shoot.. you dont like hijras Fuck You.. Dont see my pictures.

I shoot Hinduism , Sufism Christianity, Exorcism Possession and these are my chioce and subjects.. none of you pay me for what I shoot so shut the Fuck Up..

My camera badly over used I am too broke to buy a new one still shoots the soul of Humanity it belongs to me and will never be enslaved to bigotry or racism or narrow mindedness.

And my three year old grand daughter the youngest street photographer in the world shoots hijras too on my own camera.. so its all in the blood.

My stories will end the day I shut my eyes and take a short cut to be part of a nether world they call Paradise Hell or Purgatory.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube