Monday, February 21, 2011

Haji Malang Baba Khuda Hafiz

170,648 items / 1,331,245 views

The Haji Malang Dargah Trust is the managing body of the Holy Shrine and does an excellent job in keeping the public under control, the volunteers khadims all have one prime goal to see that the main event like the Palki procession goes without any accident or skirmishes and Malang Baba does the needful granting the blessings of peace hope and harmony.

Because of my personal humiliation at the hands of a member of the Haji Malang Dargah Trust I wont be shooting this Shrine at all, I have vowed never to return, he was rude and this documentary that I shoot year after year barefeet so that the world can share the message of this sage known as Malang Baba.


I climb the Malangad mountains without footwear year after year.. I climb down barefeet too.


I have friends in America UK, Europe who anxiously wait for my Haji Malang pictures and I shoot this for them , I have as yet never entered the inner sanctum of the Holy Saint.. I shoot all this from the courtyard or the Dargah Chowk.

I am not a Sufi adherent I promote peace and Haji Malang is the finest symbol of national integration a Sufi Saint , and Hindu Khadims the Ketkars and Muslim mujawirs take care of this Shrine that is touched by all caste color creed community.

I shoot this sangam of Hindu Muslim amity, whether you call him Malang Baba or Shree Malang he belongs to all..and here I must add the Hijra transgender community consider the Malang Baba their Holy Patron , their Protector and come here in hordes dance and place chaddars , and enhance the stature of worship , I come to shoot this too.

For those who dont know me I am a Shia Muslim from India a pucca Mumbaikar who is poetically called Hindu Shia , I shoot Hinduism that on my Flickr photostream is knbown as Hope and Hindutva a message of Peace and Humanity..I shoot Durga Kali Lal Bagh Cha Raja and does that make me a Hindu, yes it does as Hinduism is my proud cultural inheritance and I owe what I am too my Hindu friends brothers who have helped me to be a good human being...and above all a good Muslim too.

My faith is my personal prerogative and I carry the visiting card of Ghame Hussain all time..I dont sell my pictures I dont belong to any political party I leave my job , my family and come to shoot the Haji Malang Urus..as the country needs to know about this Holy Saint and his message of Love For All.

So in a way this is the last documentary on Haji Malang.. nothing personal ..The Haji Malang Dargah Trust has never given me any special privileges as a photographer I never did need it that they allow me to be at Haji Malang is more than enough..

Without Kumar Abhijit Ketkar the Ketkars that I know who render hospitality to me I bow my head in thankfulness .

To Sakib Rahim Bhai Iqbal Bhai and last but never the least to Huzoor Abdul Bawa of Kalyan.. who have supported me always.

And all this would not have been possible without my Hijra Guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi and Gopal Haji and his Najafgarh hjjra biradri, Madhurima Ma Baby Hijra Guru of Park Site Vikhroli.


Khuda Hafiz

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube