Monday, February 21, 2011

Cross Dressers and Ladyboys at Haji Malang My New Set at Flickr.com

170,566 items / 1,330,826 views

Please bear in mind before you interpret the poetry of my pictures I shoot human life in all forms, these are devotees of Malang Baba, they are the guests of the Holy Saint of Haji Malang during his Urus , they dress up for the Urus to seek the Holy Saints blessings their main protector in a world that hates their kind of people.

You will note my pictures carry the dignity of this small community , they are not crude , not pathetically displaying their desire or urge that you find among pseudo cross dressers a dime a dozen on Flickr.com.

I have shot their desires through my pictures respecting all norms of deceny, some of these ladyboys and cross dressers I have known since several years , many touch my feet ask me to pray for them, and many have wept and told me their pain and their stories ..I have kept their secrets in my head as a pledge and they are unlike the hijras , they dont have the hijra ancestry and do not wish to be hijras , they come from affluent homes and good parentage, some are poor but rich in culture.

This is my small tribute to them as a set on Flickr.com

I dont add cross dressers as my contacts at Flickr has nothing to do with what they are.. their choice is not mine.. I am not part of the imagery of their world.

My proximity as photographer lies with the hijra community and my hijra guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathi.

I am a hetero sexual male telling a tale of pain through pictures and some poetry.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube