Monday, February 7, 2011

Holistic Healing In The Sewer Pond of Hussain Tekri Jaora

167,853 items / 1,311,130 views

I shot this from an opening in the partition that was placed around the pond.

Earlier I was warned not to take pictures of this pond, by the overseer of the pond, had I met the demands of the overseer given him Rs 200 I think I could have shot without any problem, but I was flat broke I had come here thanks to Ali Reza Shirazi and Hyder Bhai , they paid my expenses my ticket , I only paid for my journey back to Mumbai such was the dire straits I was in.

This was am accidental trip on my own I would have not made it at all, so I am grateful to my Shia friends, I hardly have friends , being a private person I stay to myself.


The lodging here during Chehlum time is at its highest peak, unless you sleep on the streets or in the fields nearby, the winter chill too can kill you, but here people come to live and not die.

Such is the magic of Hussain Tekri Jaora ..and I was here a single night a single day and I shot pictures pertaining to my faith and pictures pertaining to holistic healing such as these.

Hussain Tekri could be termed as Mela or fair for those who came here thinking it to be a Urus, the Shias came for Azadari or matam, the Hindus to seek salvation from Hussain and the other Shrines ..

The crowded Shrines in terms of exorcising the demon was at Hazrat Abbas and at Bibi Fatima s rozas respectively.

For blessings and other benefits they all thronged to Imam Hussains roza and that of his sister Bibi Zainab.

The Shamans exorcists malangs healers were available at Hazrat Alis roza and it is from here cutting into the fields I trekked to Chabbuk Sharif another holistic healing Shrine.

As I have had serious problems with possessed people here seven years back, I was very cautious about who I shot or what I shot.


I tried not to provoke the Hazri , as the possessed people are called here.

Yes Hussain Tekri is a place to research, document every soul here is on a mission , every soul has a story to tell.

I mind read their pains their struggle and I showcase it through the silence of my pictures as eloquently as I can... silently.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube