Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Second Hand Clothes Sellers Of Mumbai

148,607 items / 1,138,052 views

I shot this near a lane close to my house and these are Maharashtrian street merchants of hope.

Normally this profession has a lot of Gujrati migrants and near Chor Bazar on the Duncan oad part you will see hordes of them selling old sarees jeans trousers etc that got in exchange after giving steel utensils to the person from whom they bought the old garments.

Sometimes you get gems or branded stuff among the clothes they sell sparingly used, a lot of times stuff stolen by drug addicts from clothesline in front of the house windows.

The UP bhaiyyas mostly of the Muslim community are in the washing dyeing refurbishing of old garments at the lane behind Chimna Butcher street at Chor Bazar.
Once the clothes are ironed made new they are given to local lads to sell on the streets on Friday Bazar .

I bought some crazy stuff from these guys once upon a time specially Army surplus and rare breeches short coats , the breeches made in Italy I wear in winter as they are wool.

Scarves mufflers you name it they have it but I stopped collecting al this and have stopped gong to the Kamatpura and Chor Bazars since three years now.

Seeing this scene I was transported in time the street is an ocean of pictures dying to be shot.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube