Friday, August 20, 2010

Shot By My Wife at Bohri Mohalla

I have a confession to make and I am already into my 9 fast, I think Marziya takes her photography skills from my wife , I am an over stated street photographer who just likes to slave driver his camera without giving it rest like those guys now working on the Common Wealth Games sites blind folded without a watch and no calendar , so they have no clue of Time till the games the most hyped event finally begin..

And I am sure they will go off well we are achievers ..we are underdogs but we eventually win in spite of all odds and a loaded dice..

Well back to the picture the greater picture of my burka clad wife shooting me and these now Internationalized Bohra kids and their tryst with my destiny carved by a click on their fate by my wife.

What I like about my wife's picture taking she gives me respect but also the surroundings that ae part of the frame , dark spaces held in balance on both sides of the picture and my mind .. she sees it you cant.

She and Marziya shoot me well..they capture my poetic entrapping as an excess baggage besides my angst and anguish and my pictorial pathos.

And this was the day we both were caught in the heaviest down our without our umbrellas and it was the worst moment we were both drenched I borrowed a plastic bag to save my camera.

None of the cabbies wanted to go to Bandra because of the water logging.


We got a cab for Churchgare , but wife got off again at at Minara Masjid thinking we would get a cab from there but it was a grim situation and it was bad though the rains had stopped for a while.

We walked wet from Minara Masjid to Crawford Market luckily got a bus for Bandra and reached home very late.

I was in town again this morning for a dead relatives majlis at Moghul Masjid , the person a very close relative of my youngest sons wife , a few days back got up to begin his fast, completed his namaz and literally dropped dead due to a massive stroke before he could be rushed to the hospital he was about 50 years old.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube