Friday, August 20, 2010

Shot By My Wife at Minara Masjid

the first time she shot me
seriously hit me in the eye
it was her presence
in a school uniform
at Akbari Gate
Nakhas Luckow
a panwalas shop
I wont deny
we subsequently
got married
she cried
she cried
she cried
she was to leave for
her husbands home
the next day
after the Nikah
for the city
of love and hope
Mumbai
Mumbai
Mumbai
33 years
we have
lived together
to be a good husband
I tried
I tried
I tried
her bheja
with
my antics
I fried
I wanted to marry
an American woman
a momentary aberration
of a dreamer blogger poet
beaten by the kids
I am now safely
ensconced
by her side
by her side
by her side
so in short
when she
shot me again
at Minara Masjid
I thought dreamily so
marriage is nothing
but going up
coming down
one heck of a
roller coaster ride
my wife the
neighbors wife's envy
my pride
my pride
my pride

dedicated to sukhi hontus whose comment at Facebook on this picture inspired this poem ...

Sukhi Hontu Your beautiful wife is a good shooter!

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube