Friday, April 30, 2010

Women In Islam

124,637 items / 878,137 views

I shot this a few days back, and this is a picture I shot as I saw it, I have tweaked the body of the picture but I was helpless with the soul of the poor woman begging outside the door of Allahs house.. this is her destiny , this is her fate , she cannot escape it , not now she is already charged and condemned , she covers her face in a hijab , but pain cannot cover itself , it reveals such is the strength of pain , the inner strength of pain.

And what a day to remember the quintessential pain of the Muslim woman in Islam..today the Shias celebrate the Martyrdom of Bibi Fatima Zehra the only child of the Holy Prophet of Islam.

Wife of Imam Ali .
Mother of Hassan and Hussain .

And I did not plan to write what I am writing and this is not Shiaspeak, this is a fact of life , and nothing has stopped me shooting it, I shoot pain , the greatest essence of Godliness , pain that goes beyond caste color or creed and connects Man to God and God to man.


People who walk in and out of the Mosque see her too, but than the Will of God the call of the Muezzin is more important than such common scenes seen all over Mumbai outside our religious spaces .

But this one killed me as human being and as a poet who shoots the ongoing drama of life..I am not a Mullah , I do not promote any religion save the religion of self respect towards Motherhood and Womanhood.

Mother is the gate that leads to God.,..no religious place is greater than the essence of Mother and through this unintentional post a part of my passion as street photography I place it at the feet of a Mother , a Mother we all believe in..a Mother a universal reservoir of pain she suffered and her suffering continues..as those who cry for her loss are killed in the name of Islam , and they are not just terrorists these are hardcore Islamists who are Namazis and followers of the Faith..I dont believe that Terrorists have no Religion it is misguided religious thought permeated by the rogue Mullah that has made them killers of the human race and yes it is only Muslims that lustfully sado- masochistically love killing Muslims.
And the killings will never stop as we collectively watch in eunuch silence the soul of our religiosity cannibalized by murderers in the name of Allah.. and the leaders around the world dont care a damn as long as they have power and nobody usurps their petrol banana kingdoms..

I am not into diatribe but I thought this introduction was necessary and I have not even thought of what poem I shall write here I leave it to God he guides the mouse I merely click his thoughts..

she is alive
no she is not alive
she is dead
the scabbard bleeds
when rapier sharp
saber cut her head
call it fate destiny
her life is meaningless
as it moves ahead
death is more
easier to handle
than life that
bleeds you red
through her veiled
silence
to my poetry
she added words
unsaid
her pain
her sufferings
her faith intact
more important
than the cry
of her children
for bread
the holier
than thou
namazi
threw a
few coins
into the interior
of Allahs house fled

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube