Friday, April 30, 2010

Dr Reza Masoudi at Lucky Hotel

Dr Reza Masoudi is a good friend a versatile photographer who documents Moharam, and is a street photographer too.

He has shot Moharam in Lucknow and in Mumbai.

He shot the Ashura in Mumbai when I was away shooting the Ashura in Hyderabad , and I put him on to Habib Nasser to guide him and help him with his pictorial thesis.

I got a call on my cell , he had come back to Mumbai and wanted me to share lunch with him at Lucky Hotel, he was very happy to see me , he gave me a gift an after shave that I reluctantly took, he missed Marziya and wanted to give her a gift , but Marziya was at home and Dr Reza was in great rush , he wanted to buy some books , I took him to my friend Rajans bookstore on Bandra Hill Road ,Happy Book Stall.,.once when I was younger I bought all my books here or at Strand Book House or the roadside of Flora Fountain.

From the bookstore we split and Dr Reza was walking it to Mahim , the Holy Shrine of Makhdoom Shah Baba I was too tired to accompany him , and I was amazed how he bore the Mumbai scorching heat and humidity..


This is a small set at Flickr I dedicate to his wife and wish them both the very best for the future..

The Lucky Hotel guys are very happy with Dr Reza Masoudis interest in the Iranian migrant community of Mumbai and their ancestry their traditions living in Mumbai.

And I am happy that photographers who have seen my work online connect to me and I go out of my way to help them ,and it is an honor as they are shooting the ethos of my country.I am sure they will showcase it beautifully.

So I am highly hospitable to photographers I learn from them too..I am also expecting Marc De Clerc my Belgian photographer soon as he was down South shooting the Koovagam Eunuch festival.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube