Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Street Family

They beg on the streets off Bandra Hill Road , and normally come here to have hot piping tea from a famous tea stall.

Of course somebody or the other buys them a cutting.

When I started of as a photographer I really was never sure what I wanted to shoot , this is about 12 years back, I shot what touched me, and sometimes what touches me might just about touch you too.

Being a salon photographer I was brain washed into shooting the lovely things of life, but I shot photo journalism,I did not shoot beggars , after I gave up salon and club culture both decadent beyond redemption , I became a blogger ,., got exposed to a new medium.

I wrote letters , a lot of letters to friends but no poems or poetry before I became addicted to the Internet.

I became a poet of sorts , a journaler after I joined Buzznet.. Buzznet made me what I am today, my friends on Buzznet polished me, shaped me and re presented me in a new avatar.


Than came Dr Glenn Losack MD he added the the poetic nature of pain , I began shooting beggars , not to mock my country , but to mock humanity, to show you undiluted pain of karma , fate or whatever name you wish to call it .


I lived with beggars understood their wild dreams , their angst, but beggars are like the weather cock on a church's steeple they go north west east south but in reality they are stuck in one place of doom forever.

I cannot shoot the beggars of Haji Ali, I dont know why, I found them to be over hyped run by the beggar mafia.

I dont run after beggars but they do come after me...and I carry them as hope on the wings of a poetry blog.

I document pain as poetry , and luckily you will see this mostly in a photo blog, in a newspaper you will see pictures of Shoaib and Sanias wedding..but without disrespecting love nothing in the world , not even millions of dollars would ever make m distance myself from my country..and maybe this might hurt a few Pakistani friends but I would rather marry a dog than marry a scoundrel from the other side of the border..this is nothing but a marriage of convenience , this is trampling of a woman's life to marry a celebrity and a cult ..this is a dangerous precedent ..and Mr Malik has broken an Indian woman's heart..being fat , not pretty is not a criteria for dissolving a marriage.

Anyway I digress , what I want to say this world is full of beggars, the people who solemnize such weddings are beggars too,all begging for a few seconds of fame..

Who really cares a fuck.,. what the bride wore..well newspaper shelf life and a marriages shelf life can be a matter of dispute..

I am a fucked blogger street photographer I am happy with shooting what I shoot , yes I shoot with my mouth too sometimes .

Good Morning

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube