Tuesday, April 13, 2010

St Peters Church Bandra Hill Road

I have shot this church with almost all types of cameras , I have shot it with Yashica, Rolleflex, Rolleicord Mamiya 330 and Nikon analogue cameras , now of course the digital.

When I bought a new lens or filter those days I would test it on Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

Even now when a photographer visits me from abroad I bring them here to show them the beauty and grandeur of this church.. that is my second home during mental stress or distress.. St Peters Church Bandra Hill Road.

When I say second home I am not ingratiating to a religiosity I dont belong to, I am happy with my own, I come here for peace and calm of the mind..I dont get this feeling in the neighboring mosque.. I have no explanations for this..I speak of Bandra .

In town the only place that instills the same feelings of peace is the Moghul Masjid.. where God lives .. as he lives in other places too.


I am literally dragged by a force to the Church, and the only way I can pay back this gesture in kind is with the pictures I have taken of this church, I may be having close to 15000 images unscanned of this particular church , in all its glory.

Whatever the function ,Xmas, New Year Easter , Adoration , Holy Communion , death birth baptism, marriage I documented it all..shared it on cyberspace.

Perhaps because of the access I have from the Holy Trinity and Fr Juan and Fr Gerard or this could not have been possible in any other church , dressed in Saffron shooting the soul of Christianity is a tough task anyway.


“Church isn’t where you meet. Church isn’t a building. Church is what you do. Church is who you are. Church is the human outworking of the person of Jesus Christ. Let’s not go to Church, let’s be the Church.”
gidge

“Some go to church to see and be seen, Some go there to say they have been, Some go there to sleep and nod, But few go there to worship God”

Proverb quotes

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube