Sunday, March 21, 2010

Life is a Lavatory

Of the thousands and hundred thousands that come here from all over India for Chehlum, this is the communal toilet cum bath house, the poor people who cant afford rooms in the lodge , live on the streets, makeshift tents in the fields on the grave yards.This lavatory all the feces , urine the dirt passes straight into the pond that people bathe in for penance..
The stink is nauseating , I dont think you could stand near the pond for more than 5 minutes..

And all this flows into the Shaitan pool where the possessed or those doing penance bathe , bury themselves in the soggy filthy mud of the sewage pond.

And because I am a student studying the lyrical notes of pain as it strums the wires of my soul, I wanted to hand my camera to someone and jump into the pond I know I would be retching but I would not die my death is not marked in a pool of despair I am already condemned to the pool of life .. living too is a slow death too and I bet you never thought of this before.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube