Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cry In The Wilderness

a home
no address
streets of pain
life's barrenness
a poem of life
words cant express
failure thy
name is success
man a burden of sorrow
beneath his dress
my pictures
a picture of time
standing still
man in distress
a fall from grace
with a few coins
they bless
poetic pathos
poetic pain
poetic angst
poetic anguish
mans humility
at gods largess
he created chaos
from silence
ahinsa from violence
need i stress
trampled by
karma
in the name
of progress

These are pictures of Hussain Tekri Jaorah , as I am posting the links to Facebook I am re seeing them in a new light call it poetry , I am updating the silence of my post..these pictures tire and sadden me but this iis what I shoot and these are pictures I shot before I was influenced by Glenn Losack who shoots pain as poetically as I do..

I could write poems on his pictures as I understood the metaphor of pain in my backyard , and I could not write poems on his pictures of Dominican Republic or Haiti..dont ask me why..I epitomized his transgenders, gay parade people as American Hijdas..

I have been depressed for sometime and this set has made me stronger , I shoot pictures the way I feel I should shoot them , I cant shoot my pictures like you or like Glenn..I could have taken this picture face on , but it was his body language his despair as man without a face I shot.. the form the outline was more important to me it was the essence of my belief in pain.


When I shot this I was raw , quite new to photography ,Hussain Tekri Jaorah is the place I leant photography I learnt to shoot pain..without the trappings of the paraphernalia it carries with it..I shot pain as an outline ..you reached the core on the basis of this premise.

Hussain Tekri Jaorah is a one time experience for the poetry in me I would not burn myself out again, but yes to get this moment of despair I would go to other similar places , my genre is pain devoted t exorcism rituals possession without its study without its notes simply pictures .. you read pain and understand it poetically.

And it is tough shooting pictures like this dressed as I am..but I would not compromise on my dress code..Once a friend of mine close to a thespian of Bollywood wanted me to go to his house to measure him to make a suit but he insisted wear normal clothes I said what my soul would tell a million times Fuck You..

You either take me as I am or dont take me at all.. there are big name in the profession that I am in you can choose anyone its your call your choice,,..I am happy to be what I am..

I dont shock or defy norms I dress simple for a funeral, I wear only black all Moharam , I dont go for weddings or parties .. Moharam is the spiritual frugality of my soul.Moharam in my life will end the day I end..and perhaps live on if my kids dont delete my Flickr Facebook Word Press Blogspot Twitter accounts after my Death..

Its their call ..

I have given them my password too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube