Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Lady Boys at Haji Malang 2010

Over the years I have been shooting the ladyboys who come to Haji Malang to titillate frolic and fun..they have a huge following of studs and and even older men seem to like their vulnerability and their fragility.. they know me and invited me to their room to shoot the expressiveness of their androgynous sensuality, they are not hijras but bond with them on their own terms..

I was so busy that I could not do justice to their demands of shooting them , I prefer daylight and flash kills me and my subjects too, immediately after this I shot my Hijra Guru Laxmi Narayan Tripathis mehfil ,I have kept the pictures on hold , it was about 3 am than I rushed to the Haji Malang Dargah to shoot the Dhamal..I was awake all night and must have slept just for half an hour..

But I was able to shoot what I wanted to shoot , hijras pursued me to shoot them instead of me begging for pictures..I had come of age and got the respect from the hjras documenting their lives with the poetry of my pictorial soul...

I shall avoid text in most of my pictures...I have to work on Laxmis Jashn pictures as I shot them in low light without flash..


This time the hijras blatantly pulled off their clothes to scare the young studs to shoo them away , but I would not shoot them or the stud boys.. I use my minds editorial constrain , shooting hijras in the raw is not my passion nor my drive..nor my inclination

I am a poet and I used my camera instead of my pen.. not willing to go from bad to verse.....

I follow my heart and my soul has never let me down..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube