Sunday, January 17, 2010

Being Born a Poor Muslim Woman My Bad Luck

During the few years I have been shooting hijras I found many a man had left his family to get married to the eunuch, a eunuch that is neither man nor woman but has the exotic charismatic power to ensnare gullible man..his original sin being his naivete and foolishness.
This woman inspired me with the words, this may not be the allegory of her pain..poetically designed in a situational inescapable moment of grief ..so read it as such..

within the
grinding wheel
of karmic pain
of my womanhood
I am stuck
I beg to feed
my childrens
empty stomach
as no one will
give me work
winds of despair
into my life's courtyard
more pain chuck
vulnerable
sitting duck
being born
a poor Muslim
woman
my bad luck
he has left me
for another woman
a comely eunuch
a shake a jolt a jerk
on my misery
another bolt
thunderstruck
I wish I was dead
run over
beneath the wheels
of a truck

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube