Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Xmas Dr Glenn Losack MD..From Bandra Hil Road

These are pictures I shot before I left for Hyderabad to shoot Ashura - Moharam .
I had last shot Hyderabad Moharam Ashura and Chehlum in 2003..

Shooting Moharam in Hyderabad is shooting the pain of the Shias of Hydserabad and how it affects the surroundings too..

I dedicate the Mohram series my next lot to Dr Glenn Losack MD from Manhattan New York, as he was far too keen to come and shoot Moharam in Mumbai or any city of my choice, but he was held back due to unavoidable reasons..


Perhaps we will shoot Chehlum together in Hyderabad God willingly..I missed Glenn as I cut my head twice on Ashura day once at the Bargah of Hazrat Abbas and the other more lethal one behind the Bibi Ka Alam,,there was no one to shoot me when I did Tandav on the soul of Shimr on the Streets of Hyderabad..

I have shot over 3500 pictures in three days from 8 Moharam to Ashura, I arrived from Hyderabad this morning at 5 am.

The Moharam in Hyderabad it is unique memorable mind blowing and happens nowhere else with this raw and wild intensity of a passion of pain called Ghame Hussain.


Besides street photography my chosen genre I shoot blood grime and gore embedded in the soul of Man..

I arrived in Hyderabad barefeet with merely the humility of my camera lens to capture a canvas of Shia pain..

Katle Hussain asal mein marge Yazeed hai
Islam zinda hota hai har karbala ke baad

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube