Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Kashmiri Beggars at the Dhuni

105,848 items / 686,810 views

Four kids a wife and the Kashmiri man, maybe back home he was not a beggar , just a helper or a laborer but here in Mumbai he has been deprived of his dignity, I dont know his personal story of pain or of others like him, I shoot him as I am a storyteller who captures pain , to share it with all of you.

I have no other motive or agenda, I dont sell pictures nor am I paid for what I write, this is my high , I call it a photo blog...wave after wave as it flows out of my Flickr photo stream..to Word Press Blogspot Twitter and Facebook.

I have stopped cross blogging my stuff to Vox , Live Journal Fotothing ..


The Kashmiri migrants here in Mumbai like the ones in my picture are a real sad story , they have come towards the Dhuni in search of food that the Rafaees distribute as Niyaz.

The kids are clueless about the next meal.

The mother is clueless about the next kid...the Muslim man is a reproductive machine that never breaks down, and if the wife fails you have the next one after you have said the magic mantra of Talaq Talaq Talaq..

I have seen the plight of Kashmiri Pandits begging at the doors of the Nizamuddin Aulia.. so caste color or creed is not the issue..the Kashmiri man at grass root level is decimated by fate and fatality..

The rich Kashmiri man well he is busy selling carpets , artifacts to the white man.

The Kashmiri politician well he is firmly protected by gun toting cops ..life goes on.

Kashmiryat is a flower pressed in a book , aging away, its fragrance doomed in captivity of a dreamless despair.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube