Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hassan Ganda - Don Jaun Bawa

106,291 items / 689,351 views

Deedh Haidar Ki Ibaadat Hai Yeh Farmaan-E-Nabi
Hai Ali Rooh-E-Nabi Jism-E-Nabi Jaan-E-Nabi
Gul-E Tatheer Ali, Haq Ki Shamsheer Ali
Peeron Ke Pir Ali Ali

The guy with long locks is Hassan Ganda I baptized him Don Jaun Bawa when I posted his pictures at Buzznet six years back.


He was at the Dhuni but sat away from the Chancawalli Rafaees , and this was shot on 9 Dec I think, he was very happy to see me we have been old friends and he is one of the most artistic body piercer on the Urus circuit.

He is called Ganda as he usd to lift a 50 KG stone with his penis back home in Rajasthan close to Ajmer Sharif, he is now a head of dargah in the jungles close to the Gir forests , all his life he has lived with wild animals , and he is got a temperament of a Naga Sadhu as he has been living in their proximity.


While we were sitting having tea he asked me to come to the Dhuni at Ali Maulah Dargah at Dharavi, I accepted his offer and we rushed in a Murids car , not before Bawa gave the Murid some wild opium bit.

Hassan Ganda pierces both his eyeballs with two swords..and he is fast it is impossible to keep up his antics with the camera.

Unfortunately this year he was not in Fakhruddin Shah Babas Sandal procession..I missed him.

Hassan Ganda is not happy with the new murshad of the Chancawalli rafaees , the old Murshad Handi Sai was his guru and relative..his other chela Farukh Baba has been gifted a Pulsar bike so I was told he is moving about in the forest with it..Farukh Baba too was heavily into opium and hash..

As I dont smoke or do drugs I keep my mouth shut I shoot pictures , I try not to shoot the young kids pulling the chillum at the Dhuni as most of them come from good homes..

Most of the dons, business magnates prostitutes pimps hijras are the patron of the Bawas, depending on dua tawiz and exorcism too, removing the evil from a patrons relative or family.


I am absolutely comfortable with the Bawas I dress like them , I move barefeet , they know I am good with the sword I cut my head ..Hassan too is a Mauliee he calls himself Kalbe Ali meaning Dog Of Ali .

Tan Par Ali Ali Ho, Zabaan Par Ali Ali
Mar Jayoon To Kafan Pe Bhi Likhna Ali Ali

He is always reciting the Shia kalma though he is a Sunni adherent..actually Shia Sunni does not bother him at all..His kaul is Ali.

Baghair Hubb-E-Ali Muddaha Nahi Milta
Ibadaton Ka Bhi Hargiz Sila Nahi Milta
Khuda K Bandon Suno Ghaur Se Khuda Ki Qasam
Jise Ali Nahi Milte Khuda Nahin Milta

And I am in midst of a chaos as I have been invited to the Hardwar Kumbh by Naga Sadhu Guru Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj, I am in mourning for Moharam, but I wont wear orange , I will don a black loin cloth and barefeet become one with my cultural inheritance..luckily I dont need tripods , filters etc during the time I shot the Nasik Kumbh.. just a satchel my camera and my humility in a beggars bowl.. I will wander the streets of Hardwar begging from door to door with my Guru ..

I will go for the Shahi Snan and than return to Mumbai for Chelum or whatever itinerary my Guru plans.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube