Sunday, December 20, 2009

Altaf Siddi from Mumbai and Me

All this was shot a few weeks back at the Makhdoom Shah Baba Dhuni, because of a slow Internet connection , I have not been able to upload my stuff at Flickr where all my blogs originate.

Altaf Siddi works as a junior artiste for Bollywood films , his uncle was famous fight master he told me.

He was happy that I was documenting the Siddis of Junagadh..Altaf has been a great help perhaps I will meet him at Haji Malang next year at Urus time.

I have not uploaded a single picture at Flickr today, and I have a 5 GB card that I want finish before I add my new Moharam set to Flickr..

I wont be shooting Moharam in Mumbai this year, I plan to go elsewhere for a change..Mumbai will miss my Tandav on the streets of JJ Junction..

I wont carry my dagger or my flagellating blades for security reasons I will use the one all others use at the venue..

I have asked a friend do get me a Japanese Samurai sword to cut my back..

Due to the injury to my right hand completely useless I have trouble wielding large handles but manage when the time comes.

I am anxiously waiting for my American friend Dr Glenn Losack MD to hit the dusty Mumbai trail.. he should be here in Jan end hopefully all my friends are keen on meeting him.. Habib Nasser and guys near Moghul Masjid kept inquiring about him..this white man friend of the Mumbai Shias...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube