Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Khasi and the Hijra

I tried my level best to get the castrated goat and the Hijra in the same frame , did not work..both will be slaughtered one by faith other by fucked up society.

Shamem Hijra had me impressed , all my life I have never met a hijra with her knowledge and charm, I exclude Laxmi Narayan Tripathi from this opinion as I am talking about the grass root hijra and Laxmi is far above Shamem both in intellect and in beauty.

I have a fascination for the beggar hijras , their life style their angst and their destiny.

A destiny caught running behind cars at Mumbai traffic signals. its really sad these creatures not created by a racist God..

I did not ask for Shamem Hijras mobile number , I dont ask personal questions , I shoot pictures endlessly and this is my high.. I can go on shooting Hijras , and they cross my path , be it any where , I am destined to meet Hijras on the cross roads of my life.

No Hijra came to my house for Marziyas birth.. I was in town two days back, a part of me wanted to go to Peela House the Mumbai cages to meet my Hijra hybrid Heena but I let it pass...and perhaps Heena will search Sahara Samay for my Ashura picture of cutting my head this year, but I wont be in Mumbai..no Tandav on the soul of Shimr ,he gets a reprieve this time.

I have shot Mumbai Moharam without a break I need to change the back drop of my Moharam pictures this year.

My friend Dr Reza Masoudi from UK will be shooting Ashura in Mumbai he has already shot Ashura in Lucknow last year.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube