Monday, October 1, 2007

St Stanislaus School and Fr Lawrie Ferrao

Old Blogs from my homesite
www.photographerno1.com

Fr Lawrie Ferrao the Jesuit Principal of St Stanislaus is a fighter of a just cause , he is a straight forward , no beating around the bush man, excuse the american pun it was unintended, he is a disciplinarian but also inculcates talent and is an ardent supporter of sports.

St Stanislaus has produced some fine Olympians hockey players , generals and ministers and those that dont study here but come within shooting distance of this institution become great photographers.

I studied at Holy Name High School but such is my love for this school that it has become an accepted fact of life that people think and believe I am an ex Stanislaus , though I must confess here when we shifted to Bandra in the 80 my kids failed their admission test here.. and had to be happy with St Theresas boys school, though I have whispered into Fr Lawries ears to be a bit lenient when my unborn grandson enters the portals of this great school.. and honestly I think the convent school made me a better Muslim than a Muslim school would have ever done with a kid with my range of a mind..

And I think what can we learn at Kangaroo and Billabong that we cant learn better in school that add to our all round growth.. and today education is all about money in college the snooty Cathedral and Campoin kid at St Xaviers might me sharing meals with the Jamadars son.. or is that saying too much...
So back to the issue .. the municipality wants to extend and broaden the Hill Road which because of hawkers and illegal encroachment is also known as Hell Road.. and so the school has to give away portions of their sports ground and the school bordering wall and St Peters Church loses portions of its graveyard where I spun some great East Indian yarns in my earlier posts.. And Fr Lawrie is spearheading this campaign.. I stand by him and wish him luck...

because my unborn grandson would want me to fight for the rights of his future school

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube