Monday, October 1, 2007

St Andrews Church and Fr Stephen Nazareth

Old Blogs from my homesite
www.photographerno1.com

Once as a child I had run away from my house at Colaba as my dad had beaten me severely for having robbed green plantains from a neigbors garden , I walked all the way to Churchgate travelled ticketless and from Bandra station I arrived at the doorsteps of the St Andrews Church, as a priest who was at my school Holy Name High School had been transferred to this parish and he was a Singing priest Fr Stephen Nazareth, who was someone we all liked and revered..
Fr Nazareth heard my side of the story gave me 10 bucks and told me to go home .. and I think it was that 10 bucks that may have changed my life.
I met Fr Stephen Nazareth a few years back at the RC Church where he lives and he is about 90years old.. and he remembered me but did not ask me to return the 10 bucks..
And this is my relationship with Christianity as such.. and I am involuantrily writing all this as though my hand is being guided by a God..who lives behind stained glass windows that also weep when it rains heavily in Bombay in the hearts of all human beings..
And it is time someone told the Municipality to lay off ..
It was Fr Stephen Nazareth who wrote in my autograph book

The world is full of darkness
so we must shine
you in your corner
I in mine..

Thank You Father.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube