Friday, August 31, 2007

Flickr Think Flickr Think

photo courtesy
www.oknation.net/blog/home/blog_data/458/458/images/Censo...


flickr think flickr think
for god sake wake up
from your rip van winkle like sleep
into a morass of just
making money
cybernetic power don’t sink
between a creative artist
and your administration
reforms
create a two hand clapping link
don’t cause a ruckus of a stink
now don’t look the other way
nelsons eye at you tube
orkut facebook like don’t wink
me and others like me think
more than money
it is the soul and the heart
the heartbeat of a photographer
here the soundless pain
in a clink

What I am today as a photographer and photo blogger I owe to El Gekko ,
A white man who never ever made me feel brown or black , a great difference there is among photographers and poets who carry hate ..Wordsmiths of hate .

This poem is my solidarity with a human being with a heart of gold.

Message from the finest photographer at Flickr El Gekko
Lost in a hudge playground!
That's me in the Web... ;)

My dear friends... I'll stay around, even if not as often as before.
The thing is that Flickr is just using our work to promote itself, to gain more power, and then, more money, with our work, and now that I understood that, I'm not interested much.

A board that is administrated by some lines of code, lines of code that will -then- decide that this image, or this one, or this other again, is good enough to be put in front page...

A board that uses censorship if some pubic hair is shown...

A board like that as no appeal to me, anymore.

There are many other boards around, that have a much better, and nicer, and respectfull approach toward "artists".

What has some appeal to me, though, are people like you, that I met around, shared with, laughed with.
This is why I'll keep an eye around, and post, once in a while, an image here, a comment there, a wink over here!

But I have the intention to regain full power on what I want to show, and that will be through my own website. I don't need no robot to tell me what to show, what to promote, what to do with *MY* work.

Thanks very much for your encouragements, you all around that found some interest into my work, for a year now.
I found a lot of inspiration into your various work(s), inspiration that led me toward new creative pathes and imaginative use of imagery. This I don't want to lose.
This I wanted to thank you for, too.

www.flickr.com/photos/elgeko/1277158352/

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube